[Twisted-Python] Components

Stephen Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 19:25:25 MST 2004

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 19:45, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>

>>I'm actually using it a bit more specifically than that; I'm specifically
>>targeting applications that have a "shared resource domain" (and whose data
>>integrity or availability has fiduciary consequences), or tools needed to
>>develop, maintain or support such applications.  IOW, a desktop email
>>client (for example) wouldn't count, but a group issue tracker for emailed
>>requests would.
>
> Philip, thank you for this clarification.  IMHO the world would be a
> better place if software developers were legally required to fulfill
> your requirements specified here before calling their software
> "enterprise" :).

Hmm ... not very realistic in terms of "legally", methinks.
But I don't believe you seriously expect that to ever happen.
For one thing, legality largely hinges on how expensive a
lawyer you can afford, so any legal requirement would
simply be a handicap to small vendors.  ;)

I sure agree that Phillip's definition is useful, but there
is also a sense in which any failure of any software used
by a company will have fiduciary consequences.  After all,
as Einstein proved, Time = Money ;), so if software screws
up while people are using it on the clock, it costs you.

- Steve