[Twisted-Python] Components

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Feb 26 17:34:59 MST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Stop trying to understand it and just use it.  ;)  Seriously, though, I
> think that Twisted's Interface/Adapter How-To is the kind of
> documentation I *should* have written for PyProtocols.  The PyProtocols
> docs were biased towards proving that its framework is consistent and
> useful for all sorts of tricky edge cases and advanced interface usages,
> instead of just saying, "here, this is what you can do".  In particular,
> I wanted to show Jim Fulton that adaptation is more fundamental than
> interface implementation, because you can represent the latter as a
> special case of the former.  (i.e., the NO_ADAPTER_NEEDED adapter.)
>
> So, as you can see right there, writing docs with Jim Fulton in mind as
> the intended audience is where I made my big mistake.  :)

Hmm, yeah, I think it would be helpful to have a document that mixes 1)
explanation of interfaces/adaptors and why you need them and 2) basic
introduction to PyProtocols to do what is outlined in #1. This is
basically what the Twisted components howto is, but the Twisted
components howto is pretty crappy, IMO :-) There's a lot of room for
improvement in it even in that limited scope.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/