[Twisted-Python] Components

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Thu Feb 26 12:16:39 MST 2004

On Feb 26, 2004, at 12:19 PM, Christopher Armstrong wrote:

> Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
>> I think James makes a compelling argument: if NewReality was the only
>> thing stopping this fix from going through, forget about it.
>> But still, make sure that the first version that changes this
>> behaviour
>> bumps at least a minor version number - a major reason I've been
>> afraid
>> of changes like this is that folks expect micro-versions to behave
>> _exactly_ the same.
>
> Cool! Sounds like a good idea. It just means 1.3 might be sooner than
> later :-)

Anothing few things:
- Does getRegistry's context.get(AdapterRegistry, theAdapterRegistry)
actually have a use? It seems like it might just be slowing down the
process without any gain.
- Why hasn't AdapterRegistry.getAdapterClassWithInheritance been
deprecated yet? Is it because Componentized.locateAdapterClass calls
it? But then, why does Componentized.locateAdapterClass exist.
- What's Adapter.isuper? Yes it forwards itself but what *IS* it?
- The persist argument is kind of strange. It's a tristate with 3
add the newly created adapter to the table if one wasn't found,
persist=False means don't lookup and don't add, and persist=True means
lookup and add if necessary. Is that complication actually necessary?
Also it doesn't seem to be documented.

James