[Twisted-Python] Components

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Feb 27 23:00:23 EST 2004

At 09:25 PM 2/27/04 -0500, Stephen Waterbury wrote:
>I sure agree that Phillip's definition is useful, but there
>is also a sense in which any failure of any software used
>by a company will have fiduciary consequences.  After all,
>as Einstein proved, Time = Money ;), so if software screws
>up while people are using it on the clock, it costs you.

Perhaps I should have said "directly measurable", or maybe "clear and
present" fiduciary consequences.  But at this point it becomes pointless
nitpicking, unless there is in fact a use case for splitting hairs to
define whether something is or isn't an "enterprise" application.  From a
practical perspective, what gets into PEAK is heavily influenced by the
needs of software development and system administration at my "day job",
dealing with a highly heterogeneous processing environment including
numerous internal systems and business partner APIs.