[Twisted-Python] web messenger with ICQ and MSN support

Sam Jordan sam at twistedmatrix.com
Sat Feb 14 20:56:59 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 07:27:28AM -0300, Nicol?s Ech?niz wrote:
> Now, I've been looking at the notes on 1.1.1 release and found that MSNP 8 is
> the supported protocol at this time, but as far as I know, clients using MSNP
> 8 can't communicate with the MSN network since protocol 9 was released.

It was <= MSNP7 that were the phased out protocol versions. You can access the MSN
network using MSNP8 and onwards (doc/examples/msn_example.py should let you connect).

This isn't to say that support for MSNP9 wouldn't be appreciated :-). I did some research
into it a while back but it was still fairly premature at the time and not much was known.
Considering it mainly consists of eye-candy features (i.e. background images and buddy icons)
I didn't put too much effort into attempting to figure it out, but it would be great if you
wanted to do so, there is probably a bit more information available on it at this stage as
well.

If you're interested, a useful website that attempts to document various parts of the
protocol is: http://www.hypothetic.org/docs/msn/index.php.

Of course, there is now MSNC1 and MSNP10, so it would be worth researching them if you're
wanting to make changes.

Cheers,

Sam Jordan