[Twisted-Python] Re: [Twisted-web] Installing on Fedora

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Dec 22 19:14:45 MST 2004

[Moving to twisted-python at twistedmatrix.com -- I don't see anything
web-specific here]

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 05:58:01PM -0800, Robert Ide wrote:
> Here is the error from running python setup.py install
>
> running install
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "setup.py", line 358, in ?
>     setup(**setup_args)
[...]
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/distutils/sysconfig.py", line 322, in _init_posix
>     raise DistutilsPlatformError(my_msg)
> distutils.errors.DistutilsPlatformError: invalid Python installation: unable
> to open /usr/lib/python2.2/config/Makefile (No such file or directory)

To be clear: what exactly are you trying to install?  The Twisted 1.3
tarball?

I don't know Fedora, but I'd check to see if you have the python-devel
package installed, and if not see if it makes a difference.

Also, a bit of googling shows there's already an RPM of Twisted for Fedora:
    http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/i386/Fedora/RPMS/python-twisted-1.3.0-20041213.i386.rpm

Any particular reason you aren't using that?

Let us know how you're going.

-Andrew.