[Twisted-Python] Starting MoinMoin as nonroot Linux User

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Mon Dec 20 21:31:00 MST 2004

On 20 Dec 2004 17:23:18 -0600, Garrett Rolfs <stage3 at us.ibm.com> wrote:
>I fear I'm missing something basic and overlooked something already
> documented.  Hopefully someone will set me straight.  I'm attempting
> to play with MoinMoin using twisted as the webserver.  I'm running on
> linux using python 2.3.4 and twisted 1.3.0 as a nonroot user.  When I
> attempt to start MoinMoin, I see the following in the log:
> [snip]

  Your logged in shell is running with more permissions than your system is
configured to allow you to have.  Perhaps someone recently edited your
/etc/groups file or something similar.  Logging all the way out and back in
should give you an environment in which twistd will start up for you.

  If you ran across this without passing uid= or gid= to Application(),
this is probably a twistd bug.  If you didn't, it's just an undesirable
deployment complication with bad error reporting.  Both should be fixed,
of course :)

  Jp