[Twisted-Python] Twisted's roundup instance

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 05:31:56 MST 2004

I just upgraded it to 0.7.9 from 0.6.6 (!), changed it from the bsddb
backend to the sqlite backend, and made it run a persistent server
that's proxied through twistedmatrix.com's twisted.web. All this at
the advice I got from Richard Jones (roundup author) at OSDC.com.au.

The official URL for the Twisted roundup is now
"http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/". This URL has always existed as a
convenience, but the old canonical URL
(http://twistedmatrix.com/users/roundup.twistd/) is now just a
redirect to the nice new terse one. Note that
"http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs" (i.e., the same URL without a trailing
slash) is a bit off at the moment -- I'll try to figure out a way to
get that to not blow up soon.

I also got rid of "Critical" -- now the highest issue type is
"Urgent", which was all that was documented. I was sick of people
marking their pet bugs as "Critical" when it didn't actually mean
anything.

Hopefully I'll be getting around to fixing up some other issues we've
had with our tracker, later on. In the meantime, I'll be going
actually _using_ roundup and trying to mark some of those Urgent bugs
as resolved. :-)

Thanks, Richard, for chatting with me about Roundup at OSDC. Now
everyone should be a little happier ;-)

---------+            http://radix.twistedmatrix.com