[Twisted-Python] Newbie Alert ! Installation problems.

Chris Lyon chris.lyon at spritenote.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 13:34:26 MST 2004

I've written an app using medusa but know feel the wind is blowing in a
twisted way. But I'm having trouble with installation.

Windows .... everything downloads and runs nicely.
However the finger demo finger06.py & finger07.py don't find the user
name in the dict because the username is returned with /W appended on
the front. Is this some strange characteristic of the windows finger
client or something I havn't discovered yet?

Linux:= neither the gz or the bz2 uncompress successfully. both failing
with a  complaint from Ark  . .. a not very helpful .. an error occured
whilst extracting the file. Other files have worked successfully.

Things are extracted but upon running python setup.py install  I getthe
rather cryptic
error: file 'bin/manhole' does not exist

So I'm a little bit stumped. Anyone any idea about which aspect of my
personnal inabilities I'm demonstrating this time?