[Twisted-Python] Page.renderString returns Deferred at <addr> current result: 'blah'

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 15:10:16 EST 2004

I'm playing around with Twisted for my first time, and I noticed that
page.renderString() returns a string like this:

<Deferred at 0x4054616c  current result: '<html>\n  <head>\n
style="font-size: large">Now I will greet you:</h1>\n    Hi My name
is\n  </body>\n</html>'>

First, why the Deferred result?

Second, what if I just want the actual string? What method should I
call? Or am I supposed to do something else to this before getting the
renderString?