[Twisted-Python] module interface checking tool

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Mon Aug 9 23:21:14 MDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 01:03, Dave Peticolas wrote:

> I agree, with the caveat that the reactor threadpool size
> adjustment api will need to be enhanced so that adbapi can
> request more threads if the max connections is high, without
> reducing threads if the max is low. suggestThreadPoolSize
> is too crude to do that. Min threads probably needs to be
> adjustable as well. Agreed?

Mostly - I disagree in that I think this can be decently well
implemented without actually delving into physical thread counts,
again... but then, I remember the various insane ways that Oracle prices
its client licenses, and other things like that...

At any rate, I see no reason why the threadpool interface couldn't be
improved as well, even if it's not perfectly necessary.  Do you think
the tasks could be separated?