[Twisted-Python] Binary files in Twisted

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Fri Aug 27 09:33:54 EDT 2004

On Aug 27, 2004, at 4:34 AM, Tsai Li Ming wrote:
> What are the following libraries that is build when I install Twisted?
>
> ./protocols/_c_urlarg.so

Optional url parsing speedup code -- this has a memory leak in 1.3.0
and previous, so you probably don't want to use it in those versions.
Removing will cause the slower python code to be used instead. (I don't
know how much this helps, it might be a premature optimization anyhow).

> ./runner/portmap.so

Required to interface with the RPC portmap daemon to register new RPC
programs. But you more than likely don't want or need this
functionality.

> ./spread/cBanana.so

Also an optional C speedup module, this time for the banana protocol.
Looks like the code that uses this module is commented out.

So basically, you can remove all the binaries without worrying. :)

James