[Twisted-Python] Adding callback to a Deferred that's already running?

Steve Freitas sflist at ihonk.com
Thu Aug 26 03:12:51 EDT 2004

> This wasn't spectacularly obvious to me the first time either, but I
> think it's covered somewhere in the deferred execution howto; in your
> callback/errback, return a new deferred and the processing of the
> deferred chain will pause until that new deferred fires.  Here's an
> example of code that does that...

Thanks for your reply, Mike! I don't thoroughly understand your code yet, but
I'm workin' on it. One of the things I don't like about the examples is that
they don't demonstrate a conditional addition of a callback.

One of the things I did try was returning a new Deferred from step2(), but it
didn't work, and I'm not sure why. I'm checking out defer.py now to try to
figure out how it works...

Steve