[Twisted-Python] sshsimpleclient.py example

Michael Trosen michaeltrosen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 23:06:29 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to using the twisted framework, so excuse me if this is a
basic question..

When I run the sshsimpleclient.py example, to an external site,
everything works fine (I just change the code to use my username and
server information.)

However, if I try to ssh to my localhost, it prints out the host key
fingerprint, and then hangs.. never prompting for the password.

Is there something different about trying to connect to localhost (I
changed the code slightly, to take a command line parameter for the
username/host..:
if I use:  python sshsimpleclient.py myuser at echoes.dhs.org  it works perfectly
if I use:  python sshsimpleclient.py root at localhost    it hangs.

I am running Suse 9.1 Professional, and I can ssh to the host just
using the regular openssh ssh exe.

Thanks!  And awesome job on Twisted!

Mike Trosen