[Twisted-Python] Twisted is now under the MIT license.

Christopher Armstrong radeex at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 20:43:57 EDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:33:22 -0700, Andrew Bennetts
<andrew-twisted at puzzling.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 07:10:05PM -0400, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> > To Mary and Alex:
> >
> > Ask a lawyer (or someone else who's silly enough to answer :).
>
> I doubt a lawyer could answer Alex's question about the rationale for the
> change :)

Well, I was focusing on his "what's the difference", which I can't
answer. I guess I'll risk it: The rationale is that MIT (presumably)
allows people to derive from the work without keeping derived works
open, and that's what glyph wanted now that Twisted has matured. Also,
the Twisted codebase is (presumably) not at the whim of glyph any
more, since all contributors (if they want) are listed as copyright
holders, not just glyph.

---------+            http://radix.twistedmatrix.com