[Twisted-Python] Twisted is now under the MIT license.

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Wed Aug 25 15:24:23 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> Copyright can't be blanket asserted in the LICENSE file over code that
> is added after that point.  Or am I misunderstanding what the LICENSE
> file is saying?

OK, looking at it it's unclear whether the LICENSE file asserts that:

 - the people listed there jointly hold copyright over all of Twisted
   (which may be true now, but won't be as pieces get added[1])

   or

 - the people listed there individually hold copyright over pieces of
   Twisted

-Mary

[1] I assume joint copyright is fine under US law in theory, it's just
that individual pieces of Twisted are apparently going to retain their
copyright now.