[Twisted-Python] ENOBUF and Twisted

Grzegorz Makarewicz mak at trisoft.com.pl
Thu Aug 19 03:31:31 EDT 2004

screwtape at froup.com wrote:
> A colleague of mine was working with a server written in Twisted
> today, and he ran into a problem involving Twisted. He called me over
> (since I'm supposed to be the Python Guru here, which just means I'm
> slightly less ignorant than everybody else :) and we tracked the
> behaviour in question all the way down to twisted.internet.tcp.

This is not a bug

select says "yes there is room inm the socket buffer"
however datagram protocols do not store anythign in the outgoing socket
buffer, but, instead hand the packets directly to the driver for the
NIC.

when the NIC fils up it returns ENOBUFS

use sleep(0.01) between calls to socket.send

mak