[Twisted-Python] twisted.manhole

twisted-10152003 at atlas.lcs.mit.edu twisted-10152003 at atlas.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Aug 17 14:09:35 MDT 2004

There doesn't seem to be much documentation for twisted.manhole.  Yes,
I have seen http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/howto/telnet

So, I have been playing around with it trying to figure out the proper usage.
I have some of it figured out.  The following snippet works fine for my
needs...

	from twisted.manhole.telnet import ShellFactory

    [...]

	shell = ShellFactory()
	shell.setService(s)  // s here is my own service
	shell.password = "test"
	internet.TCPServer(config['telnet_port'],shell).setServiceParent(serviceCollection)

But I was curious so starting looking at the other parts of it as well.

Frustratingly, I haven't yet figured out how to employ
twisted.manhole.ui twisted.manhole.service or twisted.manhole.explorer.
Can anyone point so some examples or provide a brief overview.

If get enough information I will pull it all together into a howto.

Thanks,
Steve Bauer