[Twisted-Python] Telnet server example?

Jp Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Thu Aug 12 20:00:51 EDT 2004

Britt Green wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:02:55 +0200, Eugene Coetzee
> <projects at reedflute.com> wrote:
>

>>Well - I suppose it depends on what you want to do.
>

> I'd like to send and receive text over a telnet connection! :)

   Connections established with the telnet program are often nothing
more than "regular" bytes being read from and written to a socket.
There are features of the telnet protocol, but using a program with
"telnet" in its name does not obligate you to use them.  For example, I
frequently debug HTTP, IMAP4, SMTP, and POP3 servers using telnet.  None
of these protocols is related to the telnet protocol, but the "telnet"
program works just fine for interacting with them.

   I hope this helps you decide,

   Jp