[Twisted-Python] Documentation author credits

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Fri Aug 6 00:25:11 EDT 2004

On IRC (just now) I suggested that people who've contributed to the docs
should probably have their names in them, if they like. It would be a
nice thing to do for people who took the trouble to write them, and show
potential contributors that we value their help. I'm thinking "by
So-and-so" and "thanks to So-and-so for their help" type things. As I
understand it the copyright assignment doesn't affect your ability to be
identified as an author in the slightest, so don't worry about that.

Anyway, if you've contributed to a Twisted doc, can you reply to this
mail off-list (don't tell me on IRC, I've got a brain like a sieve), and
let me know:

 - what the doc was

 - what your contribution was (sole author, main author, major
   contributor, minor contributor)

If you did a lot of work on a doc and specifically *do not* want credit
for it, you'll probably also want to tell me because after I process
replies to this mail I may ask "svn blame". Ditto if you checked it into
the repository but didn't write it.

-Mary