[Twisted-Python] Starting a Twisted client

John Toohey jt at parspro.com
Wed Aug 4 15:05:59 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have two twisted servers that send data to each other. Both servers
are implemented as plugins, and created with mktap and started with
twistd -f server.tap. My problem is that I need to have the first
server call the second server on startup. In my servertap.py I have the
following :-

    application = service.Application('feedserver', uid=1, gid=1)
     f = FeedService()

     serviceCollection = service.IServiceCollection(application)
     internet.TCPClient("localhost",pbport,
f.getFactory()).setServiceParent(serviceCollection)
     f.start()

     return serviceCollection

When I run mktap, the f.start() method is called, but when I actually
run the server with twistd -f server.tap, this method does not get
called. I need someway to kickstart the server to begin sending data to
the receiving server.

TIA

John

JT