[Twisted-Python] 111: Connection refused

Damon Fasching damon.fasching at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 3 15:23:48 EDT 2004

Hi,

Here is some additional info.  The problem is probably
not with my twisted installation or my use of twisted.
 Again, everything works fine if I run the server on
machine A; I get the "Connection refused" error if I
run the server on machine B.  I'm 99.9% certain the
twisted installation is the same on both machines.  I
installed at the same time on both.  I'm less certain
about the network configuration.

The requested information follows.

Thanks,
  Damon

>> 1. What version Twisted?

1.3.0

>> 2. Can you telnet to this port?

No, but I can't telnet into the machine on which
everything works either.  No daemon.

>> 3. Please post the full traceback.

Unhandled error in Deferred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/spread/pb.py",
line 1539, in clientConnectionFailed
    self._failAll(reason)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/spread/pb.py",
line 1536, in _failAll
    d.errback(reason)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py",
line 274, in errback
    self._startRunCallbacks(fail)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py",
line 313, in _startRunCallbacks
    self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/twisted/internet/defer.py",
line 338, in _runCallbacks
    self.result = callback(self.result, *args, **kw)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/in_house/dev/barrel/barrelProxy.py",
line 52, in _remoteCallFailed
    raise RuntimeError, "remote call %s failed because
%s" % (msg, reason.value)
exceptions.RuntimeError: remote call getRootObject
failed because Connection was refused by other side:
111: Connection refused.