[Twisted-Python] Twisted O'Reilly Book

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Mon Aug 2 04:17:12 EDT 2004

On Aug 2, 2004, at 12:38 AM, Jasper Phillips wrote:

> For some people it is enough to live on, although you still need to
> survive
> the initial starving artist stint.  There's also the potential for more
> subtle compensation in the form of contacts, opened doors, and project
> promotion -- which could easily be worth more than royalties.

The main difficulty that I'm aware of is that many of the principal
Twisted contributors, myself included, are too busy to even spend much
time on Twisted itself at the moment, let alone hacking on it, their
other projects, and writing a book at the same time.

Thank you everyone, for all the enthusiasm, but I'm pretty sure there
are a few projects in the works, at least one of which should result in
a Twisted book.  I'd prefer to keep the discussion off-list in the
future since I really don't know that I can say anything else about
these projects except that at least some of them exist, somewhere.
Feel free to drop me a line if you have the time and energy to
contribute to a book, though.

Personally I'd like to see a Grue on the cover (as that is our official
mascot) but the ghost knife fish sounds like an interesting animal if
we have to stick to a real one.

By the way - please do not Cc: me on messages to this list - it's safe
to assume I subscribe to it and read all the messages :).