[Twisted-Python] Twisted O'Reilly Book

Sergio Trejo serj_trejo at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 20:11:16 EDT 2004

>I suppose the main other requirements are "writing ability", "technical
>ability" and last but not least, "money". I may be mistaken about this,
>but I doubt income from writing tech books is sufficient to live on.
>
>-Mary

If the book encourages growth in the Twisted community (users and
developers), then the number of businesses whose IT managers may (as a
result of reviewing the book) decide to use Twisted in the enterprise could
increase, and this increase usage means that there would likely be more
money flowing into the Twisted community and thus opportunities for those
with Twisted expertise who would like to make a living in such a manner.
Thus, a book should be looked at as an investment with future returns beyond
merely what the publisher and authors earn on cash flows from the cash
registers of Amazon, Borders, Barnes and Noble, et al. Come on, lets have
some future vision. I already picked the animal for the Twisted O'Reilly
book cover (the Ghost Knife Fish of the Amazon river basin :-)

Availability of books written by authors in the deep throes of knowledge on
the subject (Glyph, Itamar, Radix, et al) also lend even more credibility to
the framework. Just ask Zoteca (IMHO they were ahead of their time and had a
big marketing challenge and on top of that in a down market in 2002 after
the dot com crash).

Anyway, I'd love to see a book emerge on Twisted. Calling on Glyph. Calling
on Itamar! Calling on Radix! You guys are awesome and that applause at OSCON
is not a fluke, it is well deserved.

Best wishes,

Serg