[Twisted-Python] Twisted O'Reilly Book

Sergio Trejo serj_trejo at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 1 17:35:37 EDT 2004

I saw Glyph's blog the other day about OSCON and a suggestion by someone
attending OSCON to write a book about Twisted. I think it would be really
sweet if there existed an O'Reilly book for Twisted. I think the great
people who started and contributed to Twisted deserve a standalone book, and
I think it would be great for bringing more people into the Twisted
community. It was only a few months ago at the end of May that OSAF
announced that they're using Twisted (and I think a lot of people have
respect for OSAF and Mitch Kapor, the father of Lotus Notes):
http://wiki.osafoundation.org/twiki/bin/view/Chandler/TwistedHome

What are the requirements for writing a book (besides time)?

For the front cover of of the Twisted O'Reilly book, I would like to propose
that the animal chosen be the Black Ghost Knife fish which is found in the
mysteryious depths of the Amazon region in South America. These fish are
amazing creatures. They can be trained to take food from the hand of a human
and the natives in South America treat these fish with respect. They also
have an electrical sensory system which helps them find food at night and in
murky waters. They also have a long undulating bottom find that they use to
swim forward and backward very rapidly and with precision. Here are some
photos and links:

http://www.fmnh.org/research_collections/ecp/ecp_sites/Parker_Gentry/images/blackghost_lg.jpg

How about it?

Serg