[Twisted-Python] Beginners Guide to Twisted Anywhere?

Britt Green seamonkeys at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 17:22:54 EDT 2004

You know, I've looked at the finger tutorial a few times. The problem
is that it doesn't really explain the code very well. Sure, I can look
at the first few examples and make an educated guess. For example,
lets look at the second step:

from twisted.internet import protocol, reactor
class FingerProtocol(protocol.Protocol):
    pass
class FingerFactory(protocol.ServerFactory):
    protocol = FingerProtocol
reactor.listenTCP(1079, FingerFactory())
reactor.run()

The accompanying explaination never really explains what
protocol.Protocol is. Same thing with protocol.ServerFactory. I've
been able to deduce what reactor.listenTCP() and reactor.run() do, but
as someone new to the language, its a bit frustrating to have to make
guesses about what the tutorial code does.

Britt