[Twisted-Python] connection to AIM often unsuccessful using twisted's example AIM bot

Tim y at tim.suzman.net
Tue Apr 20 17:11:34 MDT 2004

I am running the very simple example aimbot given by twisted. The code can
be found at http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/examples/aimbot.py

Sometimes when I run the script it connects successfully. The majority of
the time, however, it times out and I get this:

C:\progra~1\Python23\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\base.py:516:
Deprecation Warning: connectionFailed is deprecated. See new Client API

 self.protocol.connectionFailed()

I usually get this message every time I try to connect, except for brief
periods of time (usually 10 minutes at most) during which I can connect
reliably.

Anyone know what's going on? Any way I can fix this problem? Thank you!