[Twisted-Python] Progress report on splitting packages

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 19 20:19:28 MDT 2004

Mary Gardiner wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
>
>>Andrew Bennetts wrote:
>>
>>>I'd like to see the reasons for these decisions summarised in that
>>>document too -- I can guess at them, but it would be nice to know,
>>>and will help future splits of subprojects go smoothly and
>>>consistently.
>>
>>I'm not interested in creating a "Split Document", because that's an
>>inherently temporal thing. With the help of exarkun, there does exist
>>a small file documenting the process that I must go through to do a
>>split for a particular project, but it is not of general interest (no
>>rationale, etc).
>

> What about a document for people who in future, want to add new twisted
> subprojects, from scratch? Some of the same policy will be relevant to
> them, and that wouldn't be a transitory document.

It seems quite unnecessary, and I'm not convinced enough of its utility
to actually put effort into it. There's not much special about a
"Twisted Subproject"; AFAIC they're just projects that are developed by
"Twisted Matrix Laboratories", which is rather nebulous.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/