[Twisted-Python] All use cases of getComponent

exarkun at divmod.com exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Apr 18 23:51:50 MDT 2004

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:46:35 -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>I'd like to have a list of all classes that use getComponent
> (Componentized, Adapter - anything else?) and the expected behaviour -
> do people override it, etc..
>
> I'm working on Zope3 port of components and trying to figure out how to
> do backwards-compat (Zope3 has __conforms__ instead of getComponent).

  Atop implements getComponent twice: once on a subclass of Componentized to make it slightly more convenient to use (automatic referenceTo/getItem logic), and once as a full implementation on another class that does not inherit from Componentized.

  Atop would also like an IComponentized to be added, but I'm not sure if that has any implications for the port to Zope3.

  Jp