[Twisted-Python] On splitting Twisted into subprojects

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Sat Apr 17 11:05:58 MDT 2004

On Apr 17, 2004, at 8:35 AM, Mary Gardiner wrote:

> Since 3 looks like being the most achievable, this is basically an
> appeal to the twisted-web folk to keep in mind that they should, where
> possible, try and make twisted-web the Model of a Modern Twisted
> Subproject. And make it as easy as possible for other subprojects to
> copy whatever it is that they're going to do.

I think that we are going to need some of #2 as well.  Without the
Imposition From Above, the subprojects are likely to start in a similar
place (modeled after Twisted.Web, as you suggest) and gradually diverge
based on evolutionary needs, leaving them all completely different and
weird in a year's time.

Your focus on docs is correct, though, because what we really need is a
shared policy document :).

What we ALSO need, Christopher Armstrong, if you are reading this, is a
release-twisted script which is its own, bootstrap-released project
that can be run on ANY of the twisted subprojects to generate an
instant release.