[Twisted-Python] Twisted and Zope3 components systems

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Apr 4 23:12:00 MDT 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Yeah, but you'll be using Zope's 'Interface' in place of the current
> 'Interface' class, right?  You won't be keeping the current 'Interface'
> implementation, right?  (crossing fingers, looking hopeful)  :)
>
> If I understand correctly, the latest Zope X3 'Interface' type supports
> calling to adapt, i.e. 'IFoo(bar)' is exactly equivalent to
> 'adapt(bar,IFoo)'.  So, for interfaces at least, it should be pretty
> compatible going forward with what you've already got.

Yep, and it also supports arbitrary hooks in the Interface calling
thingy, so we can do whatever we want there >:)

So yes, we will probably be getting rid of MetaInterface, with its

Itamar! You should step in. I don't know anything about how the
implementation is really going to go.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/