[Twisted-Python] wxreactor

darryl developer at csrules.dyndns.org
Fri Apr 2 08:28:41 MST 2004

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 00:11, Stephen Waterbury wrote:
>

>>Itamar could chime in here, since he re-wrote the wxreactor
>>and may have tested it with one or the other ... Itamar?
>

> I don't have gtk2 wx support in debian. Please add a bug report, on
> twistedmatrix.com/bugs/ - "wxreactor fails on linux using gtk2" or
> something along those lines, assuming gtk2 really is the issue, so
> someone with access to it should check.
>
> But note that wx is fussy and annoying and that if you're using it you
> may be better off in some cases just running it on different thread than
> twisted.

I am using gtk2, so if anyone else can confirm that this is what
is causing it we can file a bug report. I'm hesitant to do that if
it's only me.

As for running wx and twisted in their own threads. Is there
a recipe somewhere for doing that?

-darryl

--
http://randomthoughts.vandorp.ca/syncato/WK/blog