[Twisted-Python] wxreactor

Stephen Waterbury golux at comcast.net
Thu Apr 1 22:11:27 MST 2004

Uwe C. Schroeder wrote:

> As I just asked Darryl off the list: Do you use GTK2 wxPython on Redhat 9 ?

It's pretty likely, since I have both GTK and GTK2 installed
and I compiled wxPython from source, so suspect it would use
GTK2 by default (and I didn't tell it not to).

> My guess would be that the GTK2 event loop works different. In that case we'd
> have to talk to Robin Dunn (wxPython) or one of the wxWindows core developers
> and figure out what's the difference to GTK1.

Itamar could chime in here, since he re-wrote the wxreactor
and may have tested it with one or the other ... Itamar?

(I just glanced quickly at the code, and it looks like he
basically incorporated your recipe, Uwe.  :)