[Twisted-Python] IFoo(x, persist=1)

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Apr 22 19:42:50 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 19:39, James Y Knight wrote:

> I'm not sure about 'used a lot', looks more like "used a bit".

OK. Can anyone describe or point at some of these use cases?

> That of course doesn't act exactly the same as it doesn't have the
> weirdo persist=None vs persist=False behavior. Does anyone actually
> depend on that? The current persist argument API is completely bogus so
> I don't think it's a good idea to hack up Zope3's code just for
> backwards compatibility with our broken API.

Oh, I wouldn't do *that*. But weakref persistence of adapters is a
useful idea, and I'm going to have to have a backwards compat layer
anyway. Question is what parts of it *are* useful and if so what API
they should have.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org
Looking for a job -- http://itamarst.org/resume.html