[Twisted-Python] IFoo(x, persist=1)

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Thu Apr 22 19:35:08 EDT 2004

Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> I know this is used a lot (the weakref persistence stuff). Should it be
> option of adaptation or perhaps of adapter registration? Trying to see
> how to fit this in to zope3's, which doesn't do this, and it'd be nice
> to have it as part of their core code rather than ours.

It seems a lot saner to make it a part of registration than adaptation.
The 'persist' argument to __call__ never made sense to me. Think about a
what the objects involved "know": if an object knows that it wants an
adapter and it wants it to persist, it can just keep a reference to the
adapter it gets back.

OTOH, we don't currently support marking an adapter persistent at
registration time, do we? I say don't add features that don't have clear
use cases yet.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/