[Twisted-Python] Progress report on splitting packages

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at divmod.com
Tue Apr 20 16:16:55 EDT 2004

On Apr 20, 2004, at 9:34 AM, Thomas Mangin wrote:

> I will repeat that I think that
> <basename>.<protocol>(.<implementation>)+
> basename :: twisted, foobar, other
> protocol :: nntp, ldap, mail, ...
> implementation ::  lowdown, smtp, pop3, ..

This makes no sense to me, and as itamar said is unlikely to be
accepted.

First of all, nntp and ldap are the same kind of thing as smtp and pop3
- protocols.

Second, twisted.words, for example, is explicitly multiprotocol.  I
suppose if we wanted to be boring, we could call it
twisted.multiprotocolchatserver.ircgateway, but IMHO "words" is
catchier.