[Twisted-Python] Progress report on splitting packages

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue Apr 20 15:20:03 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 13:36, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 21:58, Christopher Armstrong wrote:

[snip]

> > twisted.xish -> No idea.
> >    No idea. I imagine this will just be made a part of the Jabber
> >    package, whatever that is.
>
> Yeah. Jabber will probably be in the Words pacakge, so xish will end up
> there (unless people tell us it is generally applicable).

I recently used xish.xpath instead of libxml's xpath in a Nevow example
to avoid introducing the external dependency. I knew xish would be
available to anyone interested in the example ... or so I thought ;-).
The xish.xpath implementation is lacking a few useful bits of the xpath
spec but other than that it's useful.

I don't know enough about the xish package as a whole to comment on
other parts - I only used (possibly wrongly) what I needed from it to
get the example working.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
w: http://www.pollenation.net
e: matt at pollenation.net

Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect
the views of my employer.