[Twisted-Python] Sub-project Naming

Ed Suominen general at eepatents.com
Tue Apr 20 13:09:59 EDT 2004

"Always, always, always use good, unabbreviated, correctly-spelled
meaningful names." - http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?MeaningfulNames

As I've posted on the twisted.web list and ranted on #twisted,  I feel very
strongly that the proposed subprojects for twisted should  have meaningful
names that convey their function and relationship with each other. On the
#twisted IRC channel, Itamar talked about the use of tmlabs as a prefix for
the subproject names. This makes perfect sense to me. What would you rather
see in a list of packages, this:

TimmysToy
Lowdown
Dot

or this:

tmlabs.web
tmlabs.news
tmlabs.dns

Which is easier for the uninitiated user or potential user of twisted to
comprehend? Do you want to convey information in a name or hide it?

--
Ed Suominen
Registered Patent Agent