[Twisted-Python] [twisted.roundup at twistedmatrix.com: [issue291] app.getApplication cleanup]

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Tue Sep 30 10:17:57 MDT 2003

I had the same conversation with moshe about making strports more
general, and like he said, we couldn't find any uses cases. To emphasize
the point, *I* couldn't find any, and I was asking for these changes. So
we decided not to bother changing it until we do.

If you do have a use case, then I'm sure extending it won't be a
problem, and moshez was quite willing to change the code for that case.
But we're all working on this in our spare time, it's not our job, so in
order for us to do extra work there has to be a reason. YAGNI is a valid
argument.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting