[Twisted-Python] 1.0.7 Windows installer bug?

Matt Boersma matt at sprout.org
Wed Sep 24 10:08:42 MDT 2003

Hello twisters:

I've been developing a PB application on Debian Linux, and it
has gone quite well.  But a coworker wants to test things on
Windows.  <sigh>

I've done nothing intentionally platform-specific, so I don't
think there will be any problems here.  I went to install the
1.0.7 binary release on my Win2K test box to verify this, but
after nearly completing the install, it errors out with:

Unable to execute file: ACK\pythonw.exe
CreateProcess failed; code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified

Where is it getting "ACK" from?  I have a standard binary
install of python2.3 from www.python.org on Win2K SP3, and
PYTHONHOME is set to "C:\Python2.3".

Any clues would be much appreciated.

Matt