[Twisted-Python] Newbie:XMLRPC Server as plugin?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Sep 18 11:10:11 MDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 09:47:40 -0700
"Nesbitt, Steve" <snesbitt at cobaltgroup.com> wrote:

> I would like to implement an XML-RPC server as a plugin (using the
> QuoteD how-to as an example) and can't figure out how to do so. In
> particular I don't understand how to create the protocol created as
> part of the factory.

Protocols are created by the factory when the port you are listening
gets an incoming connection - the factory's buildProtocol is called and
the resulting protocol is connected to the transport for the new
connection.

In any case, Twisted already has a nice XML-RPC server framework,
documented at http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/xmlrpc - it
should support anything you might want to do with a XML-RPC server.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting