[Twisted-Python] Release notes for 1.0.7

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Mon Sep 15 21:24:20 MDT 2003

Please email me anything I missed so I can fix before I email c.l.p and
c.l.p.a

What's New in 1.0.7
===================

- Client Jabber support.

- twisted.xish, an XML package supporting a DOM-like API and a
  XPATH-like API.

- Woven web templating toolkit is now much faster, and no longer
  supports the interim APIs it had during development.

- Security tightening in the web server, especially on Windows.

- XML-RPC server is now easier to extend, and can publish the XML-RPC
  introspection API as an option.

- Working minimum and maximum sizes for database connection pools.

- New connection API for Perspective Broker, allowing easy SSL
  support, reconnection, etc..

- Better lenient HTML parsing in microdom.

- Many improvements to mail protocols (SMTP, POP3, IMAP).

- Continued switch to updated cred unified authentication backend
  in the various protocols supported by Twisted.

- SOAP support now requires SOAPpy 0.10.1 or later.

- mailmail, a replacement for the common usage of command-line
  /usr/sbin/sendmail.

- Bug fixes, documentation improvements, more tests.