[Twisted-Python] twisted socksv4 proxy

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Wed Sep 24 18:30:06 EDT 2003

yay for profiling :)

oh wow that's definitely going to be slow:
             f.write(string.join(map(lambda x:'%02X'%ord(x),p),' ')+' ')

It's just that one line of code killing all your performance :)  That
little loop could (probably) be done MUCH more efficiently by using
something like:
map('%02X'.__mod__, struct.unpack('B' * len(data), data))

instead of doing it 16 at a time with lambda and ord.

Just out of curiosity, how does your performance and CPU utilization
look now, without logging on?  I don't hear much about Twisted and
performance.. Maybe it's not bad enough to complain about, or perhaps
nobody has deployed twisted apps that see excessive load, but I haven't
heard much either way.

-bob