AW: [Twisted-Python] Examples using PBServerFactory ?

Axel Busch busch at transporeon.com
Sat Sep 20 13:59:51 EDT 2003

hi Baptiste,

I'm also new to python and twisted, but maybe I have something
that will help you getting started.
Attached are two examples, both use twisted and wxPython
(because I need a GUI for the client.)

pbVerySimple:
basically what you will find in the sandbox, but with some
comments from Glyph which I found in the mailing list regarding
"Realm" and "Avatar" and the like.

pbSimple:
here I felt more adventurous. Several Clients will have the same
perspective, which will give them a view, which is a wrapper for
a collection of server-objects.
Clients subscribe for a list of those objects (called "Transports",
because I'm working in eLogistics) and when one client changes
a Transport the others will get an update.
Take care, propably I did lots of stuff wrong there, and of course
the security model is not for productive use. ;)
Maybe the more experienced guys on this list will help us with
advice.
When you start client.py you have to give it a user name ("bob" or
"nici") as an argument.

My setting: winXP, python2.3, wxPython2.4.1.2, Twisted-1.0.7rc1

Regards,

Axel