[Twisted-Python] Newbie:XMLRPC Server as plugin?

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Sep 18 13:56:36 EDT 2003

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:27:12 -0700
"Nesbitt, Steve" <snesbitt at cobaltgroup.com> wrote:

> What I can't figure out what this should look like for an xmlrpc
> server. It appears (to me at least) that a fundamental function of the
> factory method is to set the protocol. But I don't know what this
> should be for xml-rpc and since twisted appears to do the right thing
> already, I don't really want to rewrite the connectionMade, etc.
> methods.

You don't need to implement a factory or protocol, since the framework
already implements them for you. You just need to subclass XMLRPC and
run it as shown. You could of course have a generic business logic
object that the XML-RPC interface acts as an interface to.

Writing factories and protocols is only necessary if you are
implementing a new protocol. HTTP is already implemented for you, so you
need not bother :)

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting