[Twisted-Python] Re: Compile failure in 1.1.0rc1 Windows

Andrew Bennetts andrew-twisted at puzzling.org
Tue Oct 28 17:39:18 MST 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 03:06:24PM -0000, Mark Evans wrote:

> Anyway to the main point - why is this custom header being
> used; or if it is not custom, why is it used in a custom
> location?  All you need to do is fix that, and it would
> work fine.  Someone needs to look at his header directory
> structure and compare it against the standard one(s).  It's
> just a config issue, and a simple one to fix.

It's not a "custom header", as far as I know.  portmap.c simply wraps a
couple of simple functions (pmap_set and pmap_unset) to allow
twisted.runner.inetd to support Sun-RPC services, in addition to the usual
TCP and UDP services.

I'm reasonably sure that Windows doesn't have Sun-RPC support, so that
module not compiling is expected behaviour.  If that's stopping setup.py
from completing, then that sounds like a bug, and a bug report added to
http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs would be appreciated :)

-Andrew.