[Twisted-Python] Integrating simpleguard with existing Woven pages...

Stuart Hungerford stuart.hungerford at anu.edu.au
Mon Oct 27 20:02:59 MST 2003

Hi all,

I have a twisted.web based application that renders a number
of HTML pages via a set of Woven classes (inheriting from
twisted.web.woven.page.Page).

I need to add a simple username/password authentication to
some, but not all of these pages.  With the correct username
and password you can view the page, without them you can't view
it.

I understand that for this very simple level of authentication
that simpleguard is probably more appropriate than a full cred
based approach?

The examples simpleguardex.py and simpleguardex2.py rely on
using the render() method of resource subclasses to respond
to authentication issues, but I was looking for an example
of adding simpleguard to Woven pages with existing models,
views, templates etc.

Can anyone offer an example of this Woven/simpleguard use?

Cheers,

Stu

--
:: Stuart Hungerford (stuart.hungerford at anu.edu.au)