[Twisted-Python] ANN: Twisted 1.1.0, the framework of *your* internet

Abe Fettig abe at fettig.net
Mon Oct 27 19:17:16 MST 2003

Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> darryl wrote:

>> The question is, does anyone want to focus on learing woven with NEW
>> woven
>> in the works?
>
> An unfortunate last-minute change of direction, but worth it considering
> how vastly improved the new code is.
>
> It's no longer a part of Twisted, however.  Check out Quotient CVS -
> www.divmod.org

Whoah!  Hold on a second.  Do you mean that _Woven_ is no longer part of
Twisted, or that nevow/New Woven is longer part of Twisted?  Assuming
that Woven will continue as part of Twisted, will it still be
maintained?  Or is Woven dead as far as future improvements go?

I made the choice to buy into Woven a while back [1] and I'm just
wrapping up a complete port of Hep's web interface to Woven, so it would
be disappointing to find out that using Woven is no longer the Twisted
Way, or that most of the developer energy is now going to be focused
somewhere else.  Can you give me a better idea of the relationship
between Woven and nevow, and a general idea of where both of them are
headed?  I'd like to be able to make an educated decision about whether
it's worth it to continue to invest my time working with Woven.

Thanks,
Abe

[1] http://twistedmatrix.com/pipermail/twisted-python/2003-June/004480.html