[Twisted-Python] ANN: Twisted 1.1.0, the framework of *your* internet

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Mon Oct 27 16:07:32 MST 2003

Il lun, 2003-10-27 alle 23:56, Donovan Preston ha scritto:

> Woven is certainly very usable in it's current state -- if you want to

after using it in a real life project i disagree. woven has lots of
problems that surface when you switch from "simple examples" to
"moderate real-life use cases". i was about to write a lenghty mail
about that shortcomings (like control not updating the model and needing
a "name" attribute in the node even it they don't use it, etc.) but then
two people told me about nevow in irc. looking at it right now.

> nevow was originally a research project -- a weekend's worth of hacking
> whose benefits turned out to be so great that we decided to focus on
> bringing it up to a usable state for Quotient as soon as possible. And
> that's where it is now.

"we", "we". maybe i talked with you in irc.

> Most of the woven concepts -- template and code abstraction using a
> DOM, reusable partial page renderers (Widgets in old woven, renderer
> callables in nevow), all of the concepts needed to know to use
> twisted.web -- carry over to nevow. The only thing that's really
> changed in nevow is a few names, and the code is VASTLY simplified,
> well tested, and thus far easier to understand, design semantics for,
> and change.

KUDOS! :)

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
             Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? -- Juvenal, Satires, VI, 347