[Twisted-Python] application maker for twisted_1.1.0rc

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Thu Oct 23 08:25:39 MDT 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:02:27 -0400
"vicky lupien" <vlupien at drummonddesigns.com> wrote:

> My OS is win2k.  I installed twisted-1.1.0rc but I don't understand
> how application maker works.
>
> I want to start a web application on port 8585.  Is there someone who
> can explain me how it works.
>
> The previous version was easy to use with the option "launch" but now
> it's "create".  I'm really mix up.

Hm, that may've been tktwistd, which was removed in this release but
will be back at some point.

There are still command line tools, however, so you can do:

c:\python22\scripts\twistd.py -f web.tap

in a DOS window.

Or, don't use TAPs, and make your script runnable directly (i.e., use
reactor.run()). The using twisted.web howto has examples.

--
Itamar Shtull-Trauring    http://itamarst.org/
Available for Python & Twisted consulting